Mama I made it!
I never could have imagined how difficult it would be to rely solely on myself for the first time. I’m not sure if it was my nerves or I’m naturally just a mess but everything that could go wrong today did!
- I got told off by a flight attendant for being on the phone during the safety demonstration.
- I left my jacket on the plane.
- My UK sim card wouldn’t activate.
- I missed my stop on the bus and had to walk for 40 minutes to get to Barcelona Sants. It was an uphill walk on cobbled ‘pavement’ with 2 suitcases in 30 degree weather!
- I went to the supermarket near my apartment, got a few cleaning bits and a pizza for dinner, paid and exited… Only to realise that I was lost. The street looked different and the buildings I had remembered for reference weren’t where they should be… Turns out there were two exits which my flat mate failed to mention when he dropped me off!
This is going to be harder than I thought but 5 things in 13 hours… Not too bad for my first day right?